A Quora question here provoked this Sunday morning article.
Q What does the startup community need from Campus Warsaw?
1. Support, attend and partner with regular monthly or more frequent monthly events and meetups across Poland (not just Warsaw) – with satellite events/monthly meetup like Open Coffee Krakow OpenCoffeeKRK (that used to take place in Google For Entrepreneurs Krakow ) and events Hive KrakSpot Startup Stage and those posted on #OMGKRK – Kraków’s startup community and Crossweb – wszystkie Barcampy, spotkania i konferencje
2. Co-operate with existing pro- startup and enterprise organisations like AIP and Fundacja Startup Poland
3 Support pro-entrepreneurship movements like Global Entrepreneurship Week.
4. Invite and encourage government officials from all Ministries to attend existing events (not just do their own). Use Google’s pulling power to get officials involved and engaged. It can and does work. In the South Poland region, for example the country authority runs this as its contribution to Global Entrepreneurship Week.
5. Encourage low/no cost initiatives – like Open Coffee Krakow movement – throwing money at events makes them happen even if there is no community buy in.
6. Co-operate and support social entrepreneurship like the TEDx movement TEDx | Event Listing | TED.com
Strona główna – Fundacja Młodzieżowej Przedsiębiorczości
Przedsiębiorcy z naszej szkoły (not just Gymnasium and Liceums)
9 lobby for, and support liberal work and entrepreneur visa regime in Poland for non-Schengen professionals and entrepreneurs. Show that Poland is more open to non-EU talent than countries like the UK and USA.
10. Invite organisations that could be part of the entrepreneurship support ecosystem:
11. Keep promoting enterprise among minorities and socially excluded groups, including prisons like Last Mile, in refugee camps, and support diversity.
Highlight Polish success stories like Applicake, Azimo, Base, Brainly, Estimote. (no regional bias 🙂 of course)
12. be interviewed on projectkazimierz.com 🙂
13. encourage angel investors
14. Encourage Polish doctors not automatically to ask every patient how many days off work they want no matter what issue the patient has,
15 Encourage journalists to stop promoting anti-work culture, saying “szkoda ze weekend się skonczy” and “”na szczęście już piątek.”